Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 2: What's Holding You Captive?



Hi everybody! I can't believe it's only been one day and I already have 2 followers on my blog! I feel so blessed. Thank you so much already.

Stockholm hostages
photo courtesy via sniggle.net
Today I wanted to tell you all about an event that happened in Stockholm, Sweden. You can view an article about it here. Four people were taken hostage in a bank, and they were held for six days. When they finally got out and were questioned their captors, they defended them. One victim stated "They weren’t bad people. They let me eat, they let me sleep, they gave me my life"

We read that and think that it is crazy, but in reality, we all do that with something in our lives. We are all being held hostage by something. It could be something little, like listening to a song you shouldn't listen to, but it might be something big like drugs, alcohol, or pre-marital sex. The point is we start to develop an attatchment to that. We start to defend it because we don't want to lose it.

For example, if you go out and party and get drunk and then defend it, that is holding you captive. It's hard to admit it and get rid of, but God can help you overcome it. It's a matter of prayer and trust in Him to overcome.

So my question is, and I want you to answer because that is the first step, What is Holding You Captive? You can leave a comment or email me at oliviarose.blogger@gmail.com



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and good luck with ypur new blog :)

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete